The first official Hutt City Charity Golf Tournament was held in 2012, organised by a voluntary committee of Hutt City Council staff, who continue to be involved in its organisation.
Since 2016 all proceeds from the tournament went to the TAKA Trust to provide free buses for schools in the North East. Funds raised for the Trust have provided more than 25,000 experiences for children.
- Amount raised: $17,000
- Cause: scooter track
- Golf course: Boulcotts Farm Golf Club
- Amount raised: $18,000
- Cause: Playground
- Golf course: Shandon Golf Club
Naenae Primary School
- Amount raised: $11,400
- Cause: Solar panels
- Golf course: Manor Park Golf Sanctuary
- Amount raised: $10,500
- Cause: Swimming pool upgrades
- Golf course: Wainuiomata Golf Club